Tuesday, August 13, 2013

While I never really intended to use this blog as a clinical discussion forum, as I've observed the numbers of page views by topic, it appears there is considerable interest in some of the behavioral and physical health items I've posted.

While I've taken some poetic license in using the behavioral health afflictions as part of my fictional creations, these afflictions are real. Too many children are abused (there is NEVER a rational excuse) and these children are then at risk for poor health the rest of their lives. PTSD, especially in veterans, is REAL and can cause a variety of health issues for the rest of the veterans' lives. I could hear the pain in the voice of a friend of mine when he called me recently to tell me that a third buddy of his, who he'd served beside in Iraq, had now held a gun against his head and ended the pain in the only way he must have felt was an option for him.

I guess I just want to remind all that it's all tied together, physical health, mental health and social health. And WE'RE all tied together...like it or not. Think how much better you'd feel if you could count on support, from family, friends, even strangers who appreciate that someone went in harm's way for them. Then, pay it forward - love your kids and treat them well, show appreciation of, and kindness to, others. It's start...and it may help more than you'd ever think!

No comments:

Post a Comment